ADSL Broadband FAQ
This article will answer some general questions about ADSL2+ broadband, a type of internet service.
You may also find our Toolbox guides useful for managing your account, including checking your broadband usage.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- How do I know if I'm eligible for ADSL2+?
- I already have broadband with another provider. Can I switch to iiNet?
- What happens after I submit my application?
- Is there a way to speed up the activation process?
- What information do I get after I submit my application?
- What about any hardware that I've ordered?
How do I know if I'm eligible for ADSL2+?
You can check your service eligibility by entering your address on our website.
If your address is connected to the iiNetwork (and there is an available port for you to connect to at your local exchange) then you should be eligible for On-net ADSL2+. Our wholesale provider will also conduct a service qualification within 24 hours of your application being submitted.
If there are no iiNetwork ports available or your address is not connected to the iiNetwork, then you’ll need to sign up for one of our Off-net ADSL2+ plans instead.
I already have broadband with another provider. Can I switch to iiNet?
Yes - just enter your address on our website to see which broadband plans we can offer you.
You may need to purchase new hardware if your current hardware (i.e. modem/router) is locked to your current service provider.
What happens after I submit my application?
- If there’s no existing phone line at your address, a phone line installation must be arranged. This requires a technician to visit your premises, and someone at least 18 years old must be present. You’ll be contacted to confirm your installation appointment.
- A service qualification test will be performed on your phone line.
- If your line is compatible, we'll submit an application to our wholesaler requesting that they connect you to a port at your local exchange so your phone line may be used for broadband.
- Our wholesaler will confirm the service qualification results, and after 3-5 working days your telephone line will be physically connected to a port at the exchange (this does not require a technician to visit your premises).
- Once this is done, your broadband service will be activated! You’ll need to set up an ADSL2+ modem to get online.
Is there a way to speed up the activation process?
We are dependent on our wholesaler to connect your service, therefore we are subject to their connection timeframes. We will do our best to process your application as quickly as possible.
What information do I get after I submit my application?
We'll keep you up to date on the progress of your application via email or SMS. You can also log into Toolbox to track your progress and find out when your service will be activated.
What about any hardware that I've ordered?
When we are supplied with a connection date by our wholesaler, we will dispatch any hardware that you've ordered to your nominated delivery address. Hardware orders generally take between 3-5 working days to arrive, but we try to ensure that the hardware gets to you before or on the date of broadband activation.