ADSL Relocations FAQ
This article continues from our Relocations FAQ with specific information about Home Phone and/or ADSL/ADSL2+ broadband services.
If you have Naked DSL or would like to switch to Naked DSL at your new address, please see Naked DSL relocations instead.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- How do I relocate ADSL?
- What else do I need to lodge a relocation order?
- What are the costs/timeframes?
- If I need a technician visit for my relocation, what appointments are available?
- If I have ADSL2+ already, will I automatically be on ADSL2+ at my new location?
- Will my optional phone services, like Silent Number and Caller ID, stay on my Home Phone line when I relocate?
How do I relocate ADSL?
- For Home Phone relocations (including phone & broadband bundles) just call us on 13 22 58.
- Existing customers can apply for a broadband-only relocation through Toolbox; just log in, go to My Products > Broadband and select Move house from the left-hand column. If you have multiple broadband services on your account, make sure you select the correct username from the Product drop-down menu on the top right.
- If you've already moved in and your phone and internet services are no longer connected at your old address, please call our Sales Team on 13 19 17 to apply for new services. Alternatively, you can check out what's available at your new address and apply online through our website.
What else do I need to lodge a relocation order?
- Authorisation from the legal lessee of your phone line (i.e. the person who is listed as the phone contact on your account - this is usually the person whose name is on the bill). This the only person who may authorise the relocation.
- The address you’ll be moving to.
- The last connected phone number at the new address. Your real estate agent or the previous owner/tenant may be able to supply the last connected phone number, but the most accurate way to confirm a Last Connected Number is by doing a Dial Back Test. Just plug in a phone at the address and dial the numbers below:
127 22 123 if the service was on the Telstra network
1832 127 22 123 if the number was private on the Telstra network
127 23 12 if the service was on the Optus network
If the Dial Back Test is successful, an automated voice will tell you the last connected phone number. If the Dial Back Test didn't work or you’re moving to a new property that requires a new phone line connection, just let us know and we can help you get it connected.
What are the costs/timeframes?
Please refer back to the information in our Relocations FAQ.
If I need a technician visit for my relocation, what appointments are available?
Technician appointments are available within the following 4-hour blocks on business days:
- Morning (8AM - 12PM)
- Midday (10AM – 2PM)
- Afternoon (1PM - 5PM)
Someone over the age of 18 must be present during your appointment to allow the technician to gain access to your premises.
If I have ADSL2+ already, will I automatically be on ADSL2+ at my new location?
If ADSL2+ is available at your new address, you can continue to have an ADSL2+ service at your new address. If it is not available, you’ll need to switch to one of our offnet plans. Alternatively, nbn™ broadband may be available. You can check what's available at your new address on our website.
Will my optional phone services, like Silent Number and Caller ID, stay on my Home Phone line when I relocate?
Yes, in most cases these services will also be relocated. If it's important that these services do not get interrupted (particularly Silent Number), please notify us when lodging your relocation.