An Introduction to Toolbox
This article will explain the following Toolbox basics:
- Logging in to Toolbox
- How to navigate the Toolbox layout on desktop and mobile
- How to customise your dashboard
This article does not cover any of the following actions you can complete in Toolbox. Click the item in the list below to go to that guide:
- Checking broadband usage
- Checking phone records
- Checking invoices
- Paying an invoice or requesting an extension
- Updating payment details
- Updating contact details
For even more guides about specific actions in Toolbox, see the Using Toolbox category in iiHelp.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Logging in to Toolbox
- How to Navigate the Toolbox Layout
- Navigation bar
- The Actions column
- Layout differences on a mobile device
- The Dashboard
- Bringing up a specific service in My Products
- How to customise your Dashboard
- Help! I don't see something in my Toolbox
Logging in to Toolbox
- Go to https://toolbox3.iinet.net.au/. Alternatively, you'll find a login button in the top menu bar on our website.
- Log in with your username and password as per the advice below:
Services you have with iiNet Use this to log in: Broadband only or any mix of services which includes any broadband service Your broadband username and password iiNet Mobile only The username and password for your only iiNet email address (additional mailboxes are only available with broadband services) iiNet Email only ($25/year mailbox) Your iiNet email username and password
IMPORTANT: If you have broadband services on your account and you log in with the username and password for an additional mailbox (iiNet email address) instead of the broadband username and password, you will not see important features such as billing and account information.
You can find your broadband username on your invoice as shown below. If your invoice is less colourful than the one shown beow, follow this advice.
If you've forgotten your password for any username, go to http://iinet.net.au/password to access our password recovery tool.
- If all else fails and you can't log in to Toolbox, please call us on 13 22 58. A friendly customer service rep can get you back on track with the correct details and you can write them down for future reference.
How to Navigate the Toolbox Layout
The navigation bar lets you move between the different pages of Toolbox. There are also some handy buttons in the top right corner – don’t forget to hit Logout when you’re done, especially on a shared computer.
The Actions column
On each page in Toolbox such as My Products, My Account and Bills & Payments, you'll find a list of Action buttons in the left-hand column.
These buttons will show all of your available options for actions to perform on that page. They vary wideley depending on which page you're viewing (or which product you're looking at in My Products) so why not have a dig around to get familiar with your account? Alternatively, check out Toolbox Guides on iiHelp to learn how to perform specific functions in Toolbox.
Layout differences on a mobile device
If you access Toolbox on a mobile device, you'll see the mobile layout instead. All the options are the same, but you'll need to move around a little differently.
- Instead of the navigation bar across the top of the screen, you'll see a grey icon with three lines. Tap it to expand the navigation menu.
- Once you're on a particular page, the left-hand Actions column will be replaced by a grey actions button. Tap it to expand the list of Action buttons.
The Dashboard is your central hub for account management. By default, you’ll see a panel for each of your iiNet services showing your basic service details and usage history at a glance. Learn how to customise your Dashboard.
You can click the More… link at the bottom right of each panel to go to the My Products page for that specific service.
Bringing up a specific service in My Products
The My Products area of Toolbox handles everything to do with your iiNet services including usage records, settings and changing plans.
- When you go to My Products, you’ll see a second navigation bar that allows you to hop between the different product catgories, such as Broadband (includes NBN and mobile broadband), Mobile, iiNet TV and Email.
- If you have more than one service in any product category, you'll need to select the username/phone number you want to see from the drop-down menu in the orange header bar.
- You should now be looking at the My Products page for your specific service and username, and you'll see a list of available Actions.
Note: A faster way to get to this page is to click the "More..." option in the bottom right of the service's panel on the dashboard.
You can control which panels display on your Dashboard, and even rearrange them to suit your tastes.
- To rearrange your panels, just click and hold the grid icon in the top left corner of the panel. Drag the panel to the desired position and release.
- If you’d rather not see a panel on your Dashboard, just hit the X in the top right corner and then click remove this panel? to confirm.
- To get a panel back, click Customise Dashboard Panels at the bottom of the Dashboard.
- Next, toggle each panel as desired using the ON/OFF switches and then click I’m done here, Show me the panels to finish.
Help! I don't see something in my Toolbox
The most common cause of this is logging in with the details of an additional mailbox (iiNet email address). Additional mailboxes do not have access to features such as invoices, payments and account details because they are often set up for children or housemates who should not be able to access your billing information or make changes to your account.
What to use to log in to Toolbox for full access
|Services you have with iiNet||Use this to log in:|
|Broadband only or any mix of services which includes any broadband service||Your broadband username and password|
|iiNet Mobile only||The username and password for your only iiNet email address (additional mailboxes are only available with broadband services)|
|iiNet Email only ($25/year mailbox)||Your email username and password|
If you don't know the login details above, please call us on 13 22 58. A friendly customer service rep can get you back on track with the correct details and you can write them down for future reference.