Changing your broadband plan in Toolbox
This article will show you how to upgrade or downgrade the plan for one of your existing broadband services in Toolbox.
If you've never logged into Toolbox before, please see An Introduction to Toolbox.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Important things to note
- Changing your plan in the middle of your billing period will result in alignments on your next invoice. Any amount you’ve paid in advance for your current plan will be credited back to your account, and you’ll be invoiced for that time at the rate for your new plan instead.
- Sometimes a plan downgrade will incur a downgrade fee. Any downgrade fee will be clearly displayed before you confirm you plan change. If no downgrade fee is displayed, then no downgrade fee applies.
- Changing your plan does not reset your existing usage for your broadband quota. For example, if your current usage is 40 out of 200GB and you downgrade to a 100GB plan, your usage will become 40 out of 100GB.
- When downgrading a plan, if your existing usage is greater than the total quota of your new plan, this may cause your internet to be shaped. In this case, we recommend you wait until your next billing period when your quota has reset.
How to change your broadband plan
- Log in to Toolbox and select My Products from the navigation bar, and then select Broadband.
- If you have more than one broadband service, select the username from the drop-down menu on the right side of the header bar.
- Select Change plan from the left-hand column. You’ll see a list of available plans for your service type, along with your current plan.
- To browse plan details, simply click on them in the list. This will change the plan summary in the panel below the list.
- The plan summary will show you some important information about the plan including it’s monthly cost and quota. Once you’ve decided on a plan, click Switch to this plan.
- You’ll be shown a final summary of the changes to your plan. Click Confirm to finish. Your plan change should process within 30 minutes.