Email Setup - Outlook for Mac 2011
This article will show you how to set up an account for your iiNet email address in Outlook for Mac 2011.
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open Outlook for Mac and click Tools in the top menu bar, and then select Accounts.
- Click the plus (+) symbol in the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-up window, and then select E-mail.
- Enter the following details. If your email address doesn't end in "@iinet.net.au", please see iiNet Group Email Settings.
E-mail address: Your iiNet email address
Password: Your iiNet email address password
User Name: Your iiNet email address without the “@iinet.net.au”
Incoming server: mail.iinet.net.au : 993
Outgoing server: mail.iinet.net.au : 465
- Ensure that Use SSL to connect (recommended) is ticked for both incoming and outgoing servers.
- Click Add Account to finish. If your test email arrives in your inbox, you know your email account is up and running!