Email setup in Outlook 2007
This article will show you how to set up an account for your iiNet email address in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Note: This guide is for everyday iiNet mailboxes. If you are a business customer with a Hosted Exchange mailbox, please see this guide instead.
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open Outlook 2007 and click Tools in the top menu bar, and then select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select New.
- Tick the box beside Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- Ensure that Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is selected, and then click Next.
- Enter the following details (Outlook may have completed some of the fields already). If your email address doesn't end in "@iinet.net.au", please see iiNet Group Email Settings.
Your name: Your name as you'd like it to appear on any emails you send
Email address: Your iiNet email address
Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
Outgoing mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
Username: Your iiNet email address
Password: Your iiNet email address password
Remember password: Ticked
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Not ticked
- Click Finish to complete your setup. If your test email arrive in your inbox, you know your email account is up and running!