Gigaset A220 Handset FAQ
This article will answer some questions about the Siemens Gigaset A220. We started selling this model in May 2016 to replace the Gigaset A420 we used to sell.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- What features does the Gigaset A220 offer?
- Can I use my handset with Netphone (VoIP)?
- How do I register the handset with its base station?
- Can I connect a headset to the Gigaset A220?
- How can I adjust the call volume?
- How can I make a call with the Gigaset A220?
- How many numbers are stored for missed and received calls?
- I have the Gigaset A420. What happens if make a warranty claim for a replacement?
What features does the Gigaset A220 offer?
- Brilliant HSP™ sound quality on every call, even hands-free.
- A loud speaker function for crystal clear hands-free talking.
- Up to 18 hours talk time and 200 hours standby time.
- Low energy consumption.
- Eco Mode Plus with no radiation in standby mode.
- Phone book with storage for up to 80 entries.
- 10 polyphonic ringtones.
- Supports up to four additional Gigasets – have one in every room of the house.
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty.
Can I use my handset with Netphone (VoIP)?
You sure can! All you have to do is plug the handset into the Netphone/VoIP port on your VoIP-enabled modem. If you're not sure which port to use, you'll find diagrams of all of our modems in their Quick Setup Guides. If you have a modem you purchased elsewhere, please check the manufacturer's website to confirm it is VoIP-enabled, and where to plug in the Gigaset.
How do I register the handset with its base station?
The A220 handset comes pre-registered with the base station. Simply place the unregistered handset into the base station (cradle). It will also automatically register upon the first charge.
Can I connect a headset to the Gigaset A220?
No, there is no headset attachment available for the Gigaset A220. However, it does have a hands-free speaker function.
How can I adjust the call volume?
To increase volume of the earpiece during a call, press the top of the control key (the largest square key on the keypad) and then press the top/bottom of the control key to adjust the volume up/down.
How can I make a call with the Gigaset A220?
Simply dial the number and press the talk key. If you don't hear a dial tone after pressing the talk key, try pressing the the talk key for a few seconds until you hear a dial tone, and then dial the number and hit the talk key once to make a call.
How many numbers are stored for missed and received calls?
The last 25 numbers each from received and missed calls are stored along with the date and time of the call.
I have the Gigaset A420. What happens if make a warranty claim for a replacement?
If you make a valid warranty claim for your Gigaset A420 to be replaced, you'll receive a Gigaset A220 model instead.