This article will show you how to set up a Hosted Lync account on an iPhone or iPad.
Please note: You will need to have an iTunes account to download the Lync 2013 app from App Store.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Installing the Lync 2013 app for iOS
- Open the App Store and select Search from the bottom pane of icons. Search for "lync" and select the "lync 2013 for iphone" result.
- Tap the install button (+FREE) to begin the download. Please note: You may need to provide your iTunes password to proceed.
- Once the download is complete, the Lync 2013 icon will appear in the next available slot on your Home screen(s).
- The first time you open the Lync 2013 app, you'll see a reminder that you need to have a Lync account to use the full features of the app. Tap OK.
- Sign in with your Hosted Lync username (full email address) and password. We recommend enabling the "Save My Password" option unless you share the device with other users.
- The next screen is a security confirmation for you. It details the security certificate in use. Hit Continue to proceed to your Lync account.
Removing the Lync 2013 app for iOS
- Tap and hold Lync 2013 app icon. This will enable the 'jiggle' mode that allows you to rearrange or remove apps.
- Tap the X in the corner of the Lync 2013 app.
- Tap Delete.
- Press the home button once to exit jiggle mode.