Hosted Lync Creating a User
This article will show you how to create a new Hosted Lync user in a few simple steps.
Creating a new Lync User
- Log in to the Hosting Control Panel with your username and password.
- On the Dashboard (Home tab) locate the Lync section and then click Add New User.
Please note: If you don't see the Lync section on the Dashboard, select your Hosted Microsoft Services subscription from the drop down menu on the top right of the page.
- Enter the desired Full Name, Login (email address) and Password for the user and then choose from one of the three Lync plans.
- If you chose a Lync 3 plan, you'll need to choose a phone number to assign to the user's account. If you don't have any free numbers available, you'll need to either add an additional number block or release some numbers.
- Review the summary of the user account, and then click Finish.
- It may take up to 15 minutes for the order to complete. During this time you'll see "Configuring" next to the user on your control panel.
You can check if the progress is finished by refreshing your browser window (F5 key) to see if the "Configuring" status has disappeared. When it has, that means the user's account is active.