This article will show you how to schedule a Lync meeting using Outlook 2010.
Scheduling a Lync Meeting using Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click New Items in the upper left-hand corner, and then select Lync Meeting.
Please note: if you don't see this menu item, please ensure you have installed the Lync Desktop client instead of using the web app.
- A New Meeting window will pop up with the Lync Meeting details filled out automatically. You may need to adjust the Start time and End time as needed.
- Before you continue, you may wish to configure your options by clicking Meeting Options.
- In the Meeting Options window, you can adjust your options such as to use "A new meeting space" (recommended) for each online meeting, and who is admitted as a Presenter for the meeting.
- To configure the default phone number that appears for your meeting participants to dial in to the conference call, select Phone from the left-hand list and then choose the location most participants will be calling in from. Click Remember settings to save your changes.
- Enter the recipients of the meeting invite in the To field, and add a title for the meeting in the Subject line. You may also wish to click the Recurrence button to set a recurring meeting.
- Click Send to finish, just as you would when composing a new email message.