This article contains information affecting customers migrating to the new Linux Web Hosting Server Environment.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
About the Upgrade
In September 2018, some customers on a Linux Web Hosting plan will be upgraded to new and up-to-date infrastructure.
Benefits for websites as a result of this upgrade include:
- High Availability infrastructure to improve website uptime
- Up to date hardware with better performance
- Support for the latest PHP and MySQL extensions
- Regular security patching
What do customers have to do?
We encourage customers to check the following after their migration date:
- If DNS is currently hosted elsewhere, customers will need to update their A records to point to a new IP address, which will be confirmed via email once your website has been migrated. This must be done within 2 weeks after the migration.
- Customers must check their website to ensure it is functioning as expected as the new hosting server contains some web server software upgrades.
Web Server Software upgrades
- Support for PHP 5.6, 7.0 & 7.2
- The minimum supported PHP version will change from 5.2.17 to 5.3.3
- The PHP Server API will change from Apache 2.0 Handler to CGI/FastCGI
- Perl will be upgraded from 5.8.8 to 5.10.1
Are there any Billing Changes?
There will be no additional costs or changes to your plan fees. However, after the website is migrated, customers will see a charge on your next invoice but it will be accompanied by a credit for the same amount.
Should customers have any further questions about this migration, please contact the Hosting and Domains team on 1300 378 638 or email@example.com. Opening hours are listed here.