This article will teach you how to activate the SIM card for your iiNet Mobile Broadband service. As of 13 October 2015 Mobile Broadband services are no longer sold by the iiNet Group, however you may need this advice to activate a replacement SIM card.
Please note: This method is for residential mobile services only. If you have a Business mobile broadband service, please call us on 13 86 89 to get activated.
Former TransACT customers: If you have a SIM for a TransACT mobile plan, please call us on 13 22 58 to get activated as these mobile plans operate on a different network and the activation methods below won't work.
Activating a Mobile Broadband SIM card
- Once you’ve received your Mobile Broadband SIM card, you can activate it online at http://toolbox.iinet.net.au/activate.
- Select your SIM card type (Standard/Micro Dual cut size, or Nano size) from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the 13 digit SIM ID number (found on the SIM card itself) and then click Next.
- Insert your SIM card into one of the following devices:
- a mobile broadband USB modem (dongle) and then plug it into a computer
- a mobile broadband hotspot and then connect a computer/device wirelessly
- a tablet device with a SIM card slot
- Run through any software setup that your dongle or hotspot initiates, or confirm the mobile broadband settings in your smartphone or tablet.
- You should be online as soon as your SIM activation completes. In some cases you may need to manually enter iiNet's APN setting. If you're not sure how to do this, please check your device manufacturer's website for support information.
- If you need a hand at any point, just call our friendly Support Team on 13 22 58 for assistance.