Mobile Broadband Connecting with an iPad or Android Tablet
This article will show you how to set up your iiNet Group Mobile Broadband on an iPad or Android OS tablet that has a slot for a SIM card.
If your tablet doesn’t have a SIM card slot, you’ll need to purchase a mobile broadband hotspot and then wirelessly connect your tablet to the hotspot in order to get online.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Setting up an iPad for Mobile Broadband
- Once your SIM card has been activated, insert it into your iPad.
- Open Settings and then tap Cellular Data.
- Ensure that Cellular Data is set to ON, and then tap APN Settings.
- Enter the appropriate APN code for your service:
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- Restart your iPad before attempting to view a website. If you still can't get online, just call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.
Setting up an Android OS tablet for Mobile Broadband
IMPORTANT: The appearance of Android OS may varies greatly per device and software version. If these instructions don't work for you, please visit the device manufacturer's website or run a Google search for support information.
- Once your SIM card has been activated, insert it into your tablet.
- Restart your Android tablet.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Mobile Networks from the Wireless and Networks section. You may need to tap on a “More…” option to find this.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Tap the options icon in the upper right-hand corner and select New APN from the drop-down menu.
- Tap Name to enter a name you’ll recognise for the setting, and then hit OK.
- Tap APN to enter the appropriate code for your service, and then hit OK:
- Leave all other fields in the list blank.
- Tap the options icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Save from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the circle icon next to the APN setting you've just created to finish (it should turn green), and then try to view a website. If it doesn't work, try restarting your device. If you still have trouble, just call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.
|Service type|| APN code
|iiNet or Westnet 4G||connect|