Piix Setup and Troubleshooting
This article will show you how to get started with Piix, iiNet’s 3G Digital Photo Frame that combines our love of photography with our love of technology.
Piix is no longer sold as of 8 February 2017.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Piix features
- Settung up and using your Piix
- Troubleshooting FAQ
- Can I put images on my iiNet Piix without the need to use MMS?
- An image I have sent to the iiNet Piix is not displaying, and has not been received. How do I resolve this?
- Why do I sometimes have to wait a long time for an image to display on my Piix?
- Some images that can be seen on my computer do not show up on my Piix. Why is this?
- Safety information
Please note that Piix is NOT wireless (WiFi) capable, and communicates solely through 3G mobile broadband.
- 3G MMS picture and video receiving
- 9 inch LCD Screen
- 3GB internal Memory
- SD Memory Card slot
- Gravity sensor
- Motion sensor
- Photo Slide show
- Video player and audio player
- Clock, calendar and alarm
Settung up and using your Piix
Please download the Piix setup guide for everything you need to know.
If you can't view downloaded PDF files, you'll need to install Adobe Reader on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Can I put images on my iiNet Piix without the need to use MMS?
Absolutely. By purchasing an SD card, you can load any pictures you have on your home computer onto the card. They will be added directly to the slideshow when the card is inserted into your iiNet Piix.
Please note, GIF images will not be animated, but can be displayed statically.
An image I have sent to the iiNet Piix is not displaying, and has not been received. How do I resolve this?
Try resending the image. If you find the phone is confirming the message is sent, check you have the correct phone number for your iiNet Piix.
If you have resent, and the number is correct, turn the Piix unit off for a few minutes, then power it back on.
Following this, check the signal strength of the device. If it is sufficient, try sending a picture from another phone to determine if the handset may be the issue.
If other handsets have the same issue, contact iiNet Support for further assistance.
Why do I sometimes have to wait a long time for an image to display on my Piix?
This could be because the image is quite large or in a high resolution. In this instance, the Piix can take some time to properly display the image.
Some images that can be seen on my computer do not show up on my Piix. Why is this?
The Piix only supports certain formats. If you find an image is not displaying on the Piix, it could be that it is not in a supported format.
Formats supported by the Piix (Audio, video and image) are listed below.
- During storage, transportation, and operation of the iiNet Piix, keep it dry and prevent it from colliding with other objects.
- Do not dismantle the device. In case of any fault, contact iiNet as soon as possible.
Environmental requirements for using the iiNet Piix
- Before connecting and disconnecting cables, stop using the iiNet Piix and disconnect the device from the power supply.
- Keep the iiNet Piix far from sources of heat and fire, such as a heater or candle.
- Keep the iiNet Piix far from electronic appliances that generate strong magnetic or electric fields, such as a microwave or refrigerator.
- Place the iiNet Piix on a flat, stable surface.
- Ensure the device is in a cool and well-ventilated indoor area. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Use the device in an area with a temperature from 0 to 40 degrees celsius.
- Do not block the openings on the iiNet Piix with any object. Reserve a minimum space of 10cm are the device for heat dissipation.
- If any liquids or foreign objects enter the iiNet Piix, discontinue using it immediately. Power off the device and disconnect all cables, then contact iiNet.
Precautions for using the device
- When using the iiNet Piix, ensure the antenna of the device is at least 20cm from all parts of your body.
- Do not use the device where using wireless or radio-transmission devices is prohibited.
- The radio waves generated by the device may interfere with the operation of some electronic medical devices. If you are using an electronic medical device, contact its manufacturer for the restrictions on the use of the device.
Areas with inflammables and explosives
- Do not use the iiNet Piix where inflammables or explosives are stored, for example in a petrol station/oil depot/chemical plant.
- Do not store or transport the iiNet Piix in the same box as inflammable liquids/gases/explosives.