Recovery Mode for iiNet NetComm
This article will explained how to put an iiNet NetComm NB16WV-02 through Recovery Mode, and how to reinstall the firmware upgrade afterwards.
Occasionally, upgrading the NetComm firmware normally may be unsuccessful as it causes the modem to reboot. If this is the case, you should follow this guide.
Putting modem into Recovery Mode
- Turn off the modem for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the modem on. While the modem is booting up, gently hold down the WPS/RESET button for 20 seconds.
- The modem will go into Recovery Mode and become somewhat unresponsive. The Power light on the modem will flash consistently.
Getting out of Recovery Mode & reinstalling the firmware
- Download a copy of the firmware file to your computer or an attached USB drive.
- Connect a laptop or desktop computer via Ethernet cable to any one of your modem's yellow Ethernet (LAN) ports.
- Open your web browser and go to http://192.168.123.254
- On this page, you can reinstall the firmware file. Click Choose File, select the firmware file from your computer or attached USB drive and click OK. Click Upgrade.
- The firmware recovery will take roughly 8-10 minutes to install. After this time, the modem will become completely unresponsive.
- Using the Power button, turn the modem off for 1-2 minutes and then turn it back on again.
- Open your web browser and go to http://10.1.1.1
- Log in with the default username and password "admin". If you have changed your password from the default, use your custom password instead.
- At the bottom of the Basic view, click Switch to advanced view.
- Click Toolbox in the top menu bar and select Firmware Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
- Click Choose File, select the firmware file from your computer or attached USB drive and click OK. Click Upgrade.
- The firmware upgrade may take around 2 minutes to complete, and then it will automatically reboot.
- It is important to reset the modem to factory defaults by following the steps below - skipping this step can affect your router's performance.
- Click Toolbox in the top menu bar and select Reset to Default from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK and wait for the factory reset to complete. Please follow the Quick Setup Guide to set up your NetComm modem again.