This article will show you how to set up the Generation 2 iiNet TV with Fetch set top box using a Wireless Bridge to connect your set top box to your modem. Please note that iiNet Wireless Bridges are no longer sold as of 16 August 2017.
If you have a Gen 3 Mini or Mighty set top box, see this article instead.
Setting up iiNet TV with Fetch with a Wireless Bridge
Check the Quick Start Guide for complete installation tips and safety information.
- Check the stickers on the bottom of your Wireless Bridge units. One will say AP, and the other will say Client.
- The AP Wireless Bridge must connect to your modem. The Client Wireless Bridge must connect to your set top box.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the LAN port on the back of the AP Wireless Bridge.
- Plug the other end into an available LAN port on your modem (one of the 4 yellow or black Ethernet ports on any iiNet modem - please do not use a "WAN" port).
- Plug the AP Wireless Bridge unit into an electrical outlet using one of the supplied power cables.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the LAN port on the back of the Client Wireless bridge.
- Plug the other end into the Internet port on the back of the set top box (STB).
- Plug the Client Wireless Bridge unit into an electrical outlet using one of the supplied power cables.
- When both Wireless Bridges have power and a connection between them, the Power and Wireless lights will be lit on both units. If the wireless light is not lit, you may need to manually pair your bridges.
- Unplug your TV antenna cable from your TV but not from the wall. Instead, plug the free end of the antenna cable into the ANTENNA IN socket on the back of your set top box.
Please note: your Free to Air Digital TV channels are not delivered by internet. You must connect your TV antenna to view Free to Air channels.
- Using the supplied antenna cable, plug one end into the ANTENNA OUT port on the back of your set top box.
- Plug the other end into the RF IN (a.k.a TUNER or ANTENNA IN) port on the back of your TV.
- If you have a DVD or VCR player you’d also like to connect:
- Instead of connecting straight to the TV, use the antenna cable to join the ANTENNA OUT socket on the set top box to the ANTENNA IN socket on your DVD/VCR player.
- You’ll need an additional antenna cable to connect the DVD/VCR ANTENNA OUT socket to your TV’s RF IN socket.
- If your TV has a HDMI port, plug each end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI sockets on your set top box and your TV.
- If your TV doesn’t have a HDMI port, you’ll need to use a standard definition setup:
- Use the yellow video cable to connect the yellow VIDEO ports on your set top box and your TV.
- Plug the white plugs on your red/white audio cable into the white AUDIO L ports on your set top box and your TV.
- Plug the red plugs on your red/white audio cable into the red AUDIO R ports on your set top box and your TV.
- Use the power cord to connect the 12V AC POWER socket on the back of your set top box to an electrical outlet.
- Turn your set top box on and allow it to boot up. Do not turn off your set top box at any point during the set up.
- The Internet light next to the Power light on the front of the set top box should turn blue once the box is connected to the internet.
- Turn on your TV and use the AV Select or Source/Input button on the TV remote to go to the correct source/input channel for your set top box:
- If you used a HDMI cable, this will be one of the HDMI channels.
- Standard definition setups will usually require you to go to one of the AV channels.
- Remove the back cover from your set top box remote (STB remote) and insert the 2 x AA batteries. Replace the back cover.
- Once you’re viewing the iiNet TV screen on your TV, you may need to wait a few more minutes while the loading process completes.
- When loading has completed, you’ll see a welcome screen. Select the Continue button when it turns blue.
- The next screen will ask for your iiNet TV with Fetch activation code. You will find this in the activation email that was sent to the email address you supplied on your application. The activation code can also be found in your Toolbox in My Products > Fetch TV > See the numerical code beneath "iiNet TV with Fetch" in the orange header bar.
- Use the STB remote to enter your activation code, and then select Activate.
- Wait for the code to verify, and then press Continue.
- The next screen will ask you to select an Audio Option. Unless you have an advanced setup utilising an HDMI or optical audio cable connected to a speaker amp, we recommend you leave the default Stereo setting. Press Continue.
- Next, you’ll be asked to set up the parental PIN. If you skip this step and press Continue, the default PIN is 0000.
- The set top box will then perform a Channel Scan followed by a diagnostics check. This may take 5 -10 minutes.
- Once the scans are complete select Finish. Your set top box will then restart automatically.
- After the set top box has rebooted, the iiNet TV menu should appear on your screen, and you can start enjoying channels!
Programming the iiNet TV with Fetch remote control
Using the Media Hub with USB hard drives
Using the Media Hub with PCs or MACs