Setting up a Hosted Exchange mailbox in Outlook for Mac 2011
This article will show you how to configure your Hosted Exchange mailbox in Outlook for Mac 2011.
Please note: You must have an Exchange 2 mailbox in order to configure an Exchange account in Outlook. Please refer to the relevant guides to configure Outlook to connect to your Exchange 1 mailbox using POP or IMAP.
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Click on the Outlook menu in the top-left corner of your screen and then select Preferences...
- Click on Accounts under the Personal Settings heading.
- Click on the Exchange Account icon to create a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Enter your email address, user name (full email address) and password. Ensure the Configure automatically checkbox is ticked and click Add Account.
- Outlook for Mac will now attempt to automatically configure your Exchange account. If you are required to manually specify a server name, please enter exchange.iinet.net.au. Click Allow on the dialog box that appears.
- Once the icon beside your newly created account changes from yellow to green your account is ready to use.
- Close the window and begin using your new mailbox.