This article will show you how to install and use Atmail’s DavSync plugin for Windows Outlook 2007-2010, allowing you to sync your iiNet Webmail calendar and contacts with those in Outlook.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Setting up DavSync
- Download the DavSync for Outlook Add-in installer to the Desktop on your computer.
- Exit Outlook before running through the installation for DavSync by following the prompts on-screen.
- After installing DavSync, you’ll need to set the configuration options in Outlook before DavSync will start working.
- Open Outlook and select the DavSync tab from the menu bar, and then click on Options.
- Enter the following details in the form on the popup window and then click OK.
Server URL: https://webmail.iinet.net.au/dav/server.php/
Username: Your iiNet email address
Password: Your iiNet email address password
- After configuring DavSync, the first synchronization may take a while depending on how much data you have to sync. After the first sync, the process will be faster.
Performing a sync
- Select the DavSync tab from the Outlook menu bar, and then click Sync.
- Optional: You can tick Enable Auto Synchronization to ensure that your account syncs every 10 minutes.
- Your synchronised contacts will be placed in a folder called Atmail or DavSync found under My Contacts, and your synchronised calendar items will be placed in a child calendar titled Atmail or DavSync.
- The plugin will not interfere with any other folders or utilities.
Making your Webmail contacts available in Outlook
- Right-click the Atmail or DavSync contacts subfolder and select Properties.
- Select the Outlook Address Book tab and ensure that Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book is ticked.
- Click the Address Book button in the Find section of the ribbon bar at the top of Outlook.
- In the Address Book window, click on Tools and then select Options.
- Make sure that Custom is selected, and select the Atmail or DavSync option from the drop-down menu for When opening the address book, show this address list first.
- Click OK to finish. Your Webmail contacts should now be available through the default Outlook Address Book.