This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for no internet connection on NBN™ Wireless.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Things to check first
- More information about your NBN™ Wireless Connection Box
- Location of status lights
- Meaning of status lights
- You can’t view websites or receive email on any computer or device connected to your home network.
- Your NBN™ Connection Box (the indoor unit) may have a red ODU light or other irregular lights. See Location of Status Lights for more details.
Things to check first
||Make sure that your NBN™ Connection Box is connected to a working power supply.
|Damaged or loose cables
||Check that all cables are in good condition and plugged in securely.
||Make sure that any computers or routers are plugged into the correct UNI-D port on your NBN™ Connection Box. This is the port that was activated when your equipment was installed – if you’re not sure which port this is, please call us on 13 22 58 and we'll check our records.
|Damage to your outdoor antenna
||If severe weather or damage to your roof has also damaged your outdoor NBN™ Wireless antenna, please call us on 13 22 58.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ equipment - this will be a Connection Box plugged into your outdoor antenna's wall outlet and an electrical outlet. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises, sometimes in the garage.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect a computer directly to the active UNI-D port on your NBN™ Connection Box to rule out any WiFi issues.
In most cases, the active port on your Connection Box will be UNI-D 1 as shown below. If a different UNI-D port was activated when your NBN™ equipment was installed, please use that one instead.
- If you have Hub or Smart wiring in your home and you can get online when plugged directly into the Connection Box but not when plugged into any port on your Hub/Smart panel, then there may be an issue with the wiring between your Connection box and the Hub/Smart panel.
- If you still can’t get online, turn off the power at the electrical outlet your NBN™ Connection box is plugged into.
- Wait 1-2 minutes, and then and turn the electrical outlet for the Connection Box back on.
- Wait for the NBN™ equipment to reboot, and then try to view a website on your computer.
- If your Connection Box has no irregular lights, follow the steps for Finding the Default Gateway Address on Windows or Mac OSX. You can't browse to the default gateway address in the same way that you can for other modems, but you do need to confirm that your default gateway does not begin with “169.254”.
- If the default gateway does begin with “169.254”, you should reset your TCP/IP settings and if the issue persists, Windows users should reset their network adapter.
- If you still can’t get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.
More information about your NBN™ Wireless Connection Box
Location of status lights
Meaning of status lights