This article will guide you through the troubleshooting to do if your Fetch TV service is stuttering or freezing. This guide is suitable for both Generation 2 and Generation 3 (Mini and Mighty) set top boxes.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- While viewing subscription channels (i.e. channels number 100 or higher) or recordings, the video stutters or freezes.
Things to check first
|Internet service issues
||If your internet service is experiencing dropouts or speed issues, you should always troubleshoot those issues first.
|Damaged TV aerial
||If only Free to Air channels are affected, check that your TV aerial is connected correctly to your set top box.
- Fetch TV requires a download speed of at least 3Mbps (3072Kbps). Stuttering or freezing issues are commonly internet speed issues. Perform a speed test – if your result is lower than 3Mbps please call our Support Team on 13 22 58.
- If you’re using a Power Line Adapter to connect your set top box to your modem, make sure the units are plugged directly into an electrical socket instead of a power board or double adapter.
- If you’re using a Wireless Bridge to connect your set top box to your modem, check that the Wireless lights on the bridge units aren’t flashing when the stuttering occurs. If they are, check that they are placed correctly and try manually pairing the units.
- If you’re using an Ethernet cable to connect your set top box to your modem, make sure it’s plugged in securely and the cable is not damaged. If possible, try using a different Ethernet cable.
- Turn your modem and set top box off. After 60 seconds, turn your modem back on and wait for it to reboot.
- Once your modem has fully rebooted, turn your set top box back on and wait for it to reboot.
- Watch some subscription channels to see if the stuttering still occurs. If the issue persists, please call our Fetch TV Support Team on 1300 701 006 for further assistance.