Updating a password in a ZyXEL Ethernet Modem
This article will show you how to access the Home Page for your ZyXEL 1 port ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB modem and update the password in the modem settings. You will need to do this if you have changed your ADSL password, particularly if you are an off-net customer.
In late 2013, we removed the requirement for modems to store the ADSL password in their settings for the majority of on-net ADSL2+ connections. Some ADSL2+ and all ADSL services still require an ADSL password to be entered into the modem settings.
Updating your password
- Open your web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
- Log in with the default password 1234. If you have changed your password from the default, use your custom password instead.
- You'll see the following options. Select the WAN Setup option from the Advanced Setup column.
- Click WAN Setup to proceed.
- Update the password field to your new iiNet password.
- Click Apply to save the password. The modem may restart after this change, allow a few minutes for the connection to resume.