Upgrading the NetComm NB16WV-02 Firmware
This article will show you how to manually upgrade the firmware on a NetComm NB16WV-02.
Please note: This article shows the firmware for the modem previously sold by iiNet & Westnet, however the instructions should work for the NetComm firmware used for the same model purchased elsewhere.
How to upgrade the NetComm NB16WV-02 firmware
If you need to check the current firmware installed on your NetComm, simply follow steps 2-6 below. You'll find the current firmware version listed below the Browse button as shown in step 7.
- Download the latest firmware:
- If your NetComm NB16WV-02 was purchased from iiNet, you can download the latest firmware file from our website.
- If it was purchased elsewhere, please download the latest firmware file from the NetComm website.
Note: If you don't have internet access at your location, you may need to go elsewhere to download the firmware file onto a USB flash drive, CD or another form of portable file storage. You can use this to get the firmware file onto your computer or device that's connected to your NetComm.
- On a computer that's connected to your modem via ethernet cable, open your web browser. It's not recommended to attempt a firmware upgrade over WiFi.
- If your modem was purchased from iiNet, go to http://10.1.1.1
- If it was purchased elsewhere, go to http://192.168.20.1
- Log in with the default password "admin". If you have changed the password from the default. use your custom password instead.
- If this is the first time you've logged into the NetComm firmware, you may see a message about a Setup Wizard. Select No thanks, take me to the Basic Interface.
- At the bottom of the Basic Interface, click Switch to advanced view.
In the upper right-hand corner, click Toolbox and then select Firmware Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
Click the Browse button and locate the firmware file you saved to your computer.
- Click Upgrade. Do not turn your modem off during the firmware upgrade.
- Once the firmware upgrade is complete, your modem will reboot and your web browser should return to the modem login page.
If you're unable to upgrade the firmware because the modem reboots in the process, please follow the instructions in Recovery Mode for iiNet NetComm.