White Pages Listings FAQ
This article will answer some general questions about White Pages listings for our different phone services, and explain how you can get them changed.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- When is my phone service listed in the White Pages?
- How can I add/change my listing?
- What's the difference between a Full and a Supressed listing?
- When will my listing show in White Pages and what are the closing dates for printed issues?
- If I have Home Phone, VoIP and Mobile Voice, will they all have multiple listings?
- What are the costs for suppressed or customised listings?
- What if I relocate?
When is my phone service listed in the White Pages?
Home Phone (PSTN) services are listed in full by default, unless you have the enabled the optional feature Silent Number active. Services with Silent Number are not listed.
Mobile and VoIP services are not listed by default. You can opt-in to having your number listed by following the advice below.
How can I add/change my listing?
For Home Phone (PSTN/landline) listings in the White Pages, please call us on 13 22 58 to change your listing.
If you have a Business phone service, please call us on 13 86 89 instead.
Mobile and Netphone (VoIP)
Please note that White Pages listings are not currently possible for Netphone (VoIP) for nbn™ HFC.
Mobile and VoIP numbers are not listed in the White Pages by default. To opt in or change your VoIP or Mobile listing, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Toolbox and select My Products from the top menu bar. If you've never logged into Toolbox before, please see An Introduction to Toolbox.
- For mobile phones, select Mobile. For a VoIP service, select Phone. If you have multiple mobile or VoIP services, make sure that the correct number is selected from the Product drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Manage White Pages listing from the left-hand column.
- Click Change and then select the desired listing type (Not listed, Listed or Suppressed) from the drop-down menu. Please note that Suppressed listings may attract fees directly from Sensis.
- Click Review changes and then confirm your details before submitting the change. If there appears to be an error with the information in your listing, please call us on 13 22 58.
What's the difference between a Full and a Supressed listing?
A Full listing will show the customers name, phone number and full address like the following example:
08 9123 4567
123 Fake Street
A Suppressed listing will show only the suburb and not the full street address, such as the example below:
08 9123 4567
Suppressed listings may attract fees directly from Sensis.
When will my listing show in White Pages and what are the closing dates for printed issues?
New, updated or removed listings processed by iiNet or through Toolbox will take approximately 3 weeks to be changed in the online directory on whitepages.com.au.
New listings will be included in the next version of the printed White Pages. Listings must be supplied by the print closing date.
Closing dates for printed versions in your area may be found in the Sensis White Pages Print FAQ. Alternatively, please call White Pages Customer Care on 1800 359 321 - while we can assist in updating your residential White Pages listing, we do not have information on print deadlines.
If I have Home Phone, VoIP and Mobile Voice, will they all have multiple listings?
Yes, if you opt in to having your VoIP and Mobile numbers listed as well as your Home Phone. Each service listed with iiNet (once opted in) must contain at least one listing contact.
What are the costs for suppressed or customised listings?
Sensis charges a fee for suppressing or customising listing information. These fees vary - for more information, see the Sensis White Pages Print FAQ.
What if I relocate?
When you relocate we will automatically update your contact details, please keep in mind in can take up to three weeks for the update to change on the White Pages website. In some instances you may not be able to retain the same phone number.