BoB2 Firmware Upgrade
This article will show you how to check and update the firmware on BoB2.
BoB2 should automatically update to the latest firmware, however if it's switched off for an extended period of time, it may have missed an automatic update. If this is the case, you can upgrade the firmware manually using these instructions.
Please note: Some customers have been having issues with updating firmware firmware using Mozilla Firefox. If you're experiencing difficulties, please try another browser such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Checking the currently installed firmware version
- Reinstalling or upgrading to the latest firmware
- Recovery Mode
Checking the currently installed firmware version
- On a computer or Wi-Fi device that's connected to BoB2, go to http://10.1.1.1
- You'll see the current firmware version on the login screen next to 4. my modem is using firmware version.
Reinstalling or upgrading to the latest firmware
- Before upgrading the firmware, you'll need to download the latest BoB Lite firmware file from our website.
- On a computer or Wi-Fi device that's connected to Bob2, go to http://10.1.1.1
- Log in with the default password "admin". if you have changed your password from the default, use your custom password instead.
- Select 6. Handy Tools from the top menu bar.
- Next to Firmware upgrade, click Continue.
- Click the Browse button and locate the BoB2 firmware file that you saved to your computer.
- Click Upgrade firmware. Note: If you experience an "Invalid File' error, please use a different web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer).
- IMPORTANT: Don't turn off BoB2 during the firmware upgrade. Doing so can put the modem into Recovery Mode.
- Once the upgrade is complete, BoB2 will reboot and your web browser should return to the BoB2 login page.
- We recommend that you factory reset BoB2 after a firmware upgrade.
If a firmware upgrade goes 'bad', BoB2 may go into Recovery Mode and be somewhat unresponsive. If this is the case, please follow the instructions in Recovery Mode for iiNet modems.