Email Setup in Mac Mail 6
This article will show you how to set up an account for your iiNet email address in Mac Mail 6 for Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open Mail with the icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen, or by searching for “Mail” in the Spotlight search bar in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click Mail in the top menu bar, and then select Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab, and then click the plus (+) symbol in the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-up window.
- Enter the following details before clicking Continue.
Full name: Your name as you’d like it to appear on the emails that you send.
Email address: Your iiNet email address
Password: Your iiNet email address password
- If your email address doesn't end in "@iinet.net.au" or you want to adjust your settings from the default, please see iiNet Group Email Settings. You can press the option key on your keyboard to change the default port and mail server settings.
- Confirm that your name and email address are correct, and then click Create.
- Optional: In the Mail Preferences window, select your account and then click the Advanced tab. Ensure that Remove copy from server after retrieving a message is unticked; this allows copies of your emails to be stored on the iiNet server, so they can be retrieved again if they are lost from your computer.
- Close the Mail Preferences window to finish. If your test email arrives in your inbox, you know your email account is up and running! If you want to adjust your settings from the default, you'll find ports and mail servers in iiNet Group Email Settings.