This article will show you to manually set up a mailbox for your iiNet email address in Windows 8 Mail.
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open Windows 8 Mail by clicking on the Mail tile in the Start menu.
- Hover the mouse cursor in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. After a moment, this will bring up a menu bar on the right side of the screen.
- Select Settings. The menu bar with disappear if the mouse cursor is moved away from it; repeat step 2 if this happens.
- Select Accounts, and then click Add an account.
- Select Other account.
- Click Show more details.
- Note: If you're prompted to select an account/mail type, select IMAP.
- Enter the following details. If your email address doesn't end in "@iinet.net.au", please see iiNet Group Email Settings.
Email address: Your iiNet email address
Username: Your iiNet email address
Password: Your iiNet email address password
Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.iinet.net.au
Incoming port: 993
Incoming server requires SSL: Ticked
Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.iinet.net.au
Outgoing port: 465
Outgoing server requires SSL: Ticked (If you prefer not to use SSL, please use Outgoing port 25 instead)
Outgoing server requires authentication: Optional
Use the same username and password to send and receive email: Ticked
- Click Connect to finish. If your test email arrives in your inbox, you know your email account is up and running!