Email Setup in Windows Phone 8
This article will show you to manually set up an account for your iiNet email address on a Windows Phone 8, and then test it.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open the app list by swiping left on the start screen, and then select Settings.
- Tap email+accounts.
- Select add an account.
- Scroll down the page and tap advanced setup.
- Enter your iiNet email address and iiNet email address password. Tap Next.
- Select Internet email.
- Enter the email settings. You'll find the ones you need at iiNet Group Email Settings.
- Ensure that both Outgoing server requires authentication and Use the same username and password for sending email are ticked, and then tap Sign in to finish.
- If your test email arrives in your inbox, you know your email account is up and running!
Testing your Email
Doing this test will confirm that you are to send and receive email.
- After setting up your account, you’ll find a Mail tile with an envelope icon on your start screen. Tap this.
- Tap the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen to begin writing a new email.
- Enter the following details before tapping the Send icon.
To: Your own iiNet email address
- Tap the Refresh icon. You should receive the test email within a few minutes, which will confirm that your email setup was successful. If you don’t, confirm that your Windows phone is connected to the internet before attempting another email setup.