This article will show you how to assign and remove numbers to a Hosted Lync user accounts.
Assigning a phone number to Hosted Lync account
- Log in to the Hosting Control Panel with your username and password.
- On the Dashboard (Home tab) locate the Lync section and then click Manage.
Please note: If you don't see the Lync section on the Dashboard, select your Hosted Microsoft Services subscription from the drop down menu at the top right of the page.
Select the Phone numbers tab. Please note: If you do not see any numbers here, you'll need to sign up for your first number block.
- To assign a number to a user, click Assign to User next to the relevant number.
Please note: If you do not have any free numbers left to assign, you will need to Release a Number from another contact or Request an Additional Number Block.
- Select the appropriate contact from the list of Lync 3 users who do not already have a number already assigned to them. Please note that Lync 1 and 2 users will not be shown here - to assign a number to a Lync 1 or 2 user, you'll need to upgrade their account to Lync 3.
- When you have made your selection, click Assign to finish. Your changes may take up to 15 minutes to take effect.
- To release a phone number, simply click Release Number next to the relevant contact.
- When presented with a warning pop-up, confirm your decision by clicking OK.
- The number will now be available to assign to different Hosted Lync users.