This article will show you how to enable Voicemail for Hosted Lync via your Hosting Control Panel. This may need to be done if your Voicemail setup is unsuccessful, or you don't see the Voicemail options in your Lync client.
Please note: Voicemail is only available with Hosted Lync if you have Hosted Exchange.
Hosted Lync - Troubleshoot Voicemail Setup
- Go to the Hosting Control Panel and log in with your username and password.
- Select the Voicemail tab.
- You'll see a list of every user that has Voicemail - if it's working correctly, their status should be Ready. Click the Service User name for the account you want to troubleshoot.
- Under Settings, check if Voice Mail is set to Disabled. If it is disabled, click Edit Settings.
- Select Enabled from the drop-down menu and tick Send Welcome Email.
Click Next and then Finish.
- It may take several minutes for Voicemail to configure. Once it's completed, the user should start seeing the Voicemail icon in their Lync client.