This article will show you how to set up your iiNet Group Mobile Broadband on an iPad or Android OS tablet that has a slot for a SIM card.
If your tablet doesn’t have a SIM card slot, you’ll need to purchase a mobile broadband hotspot and then wirelessly connect your tablet to the hotspot in order to get online.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Setting up an iPad for Mobile Broadband
- Once your SIM card has been activated, insert it into your iPad.
- Open Settings and then tap Cellular Data.
- Ensure that Cellular Data is set to ON, and then tap APN Settings.
- Enter the appropriate APN code for your service:
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- Restart your iPad before attempting to view a website. If you still can't get online, just call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.
Setting up an Android OS tablet for Mobile Broadband
IMPORTANT: The appearance of Android OS may varies greatly per device and software version. If these instructions don't work for you, please visit the device manufacturer's website or run a Google search for support information.
- Once your SIM card has been activated, insert it into your tablet.
- Restart your Android tablet.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Mobile Networks from the Wireless and Networks section. You may need to tap on a “More…” option to find this.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Tap the options icon in the upper right-hand corner and select New APN from the drop-down menu.
- Tap Name to enter a name you’ll recognise for the setting, and then hit OK.
- Tap APN to enter the appropriate code for your service, and then hit OK:
|| APN code
| iiNet or Westnet 4G
| iiNet 3G
| Westnet 3G
- Leave all other fields in the list blank.
- Tap the options icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Save from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the circle icon next to the APN setting you've just created to finish (it should turn green), and then try to view a website. If it doesn't work, try restarting your device. If you still have trouble, just call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.