This article will show you how to configure your Hosted Exchange mailbox for Android.
Note: These screenshots were taken using a Samsung Galaxy SIII running Android 4.0. Instructions for your device or Android software may differ.
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap on Accounts and sync under the Personal heading.
- A list of existing accounts will be displayed. Select Add Account at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password and tap Next.
- Your device will attempt to contact the server and automatically configure your Exchange account. If this works, proceed to Step 9.
- If automatically configuration fails an error message like the one below will be displayed. Tap Edit details to proceed with manual configuration.
- On the Exchange server settings screen, enter the following details then tap Next.
Domain\user name: IIBUSINESS\email@example.com (e.g. IIBUSINESS\firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Your mailbox password
Exchange server: exchange.iinet.net.au
Use secure connection (SSL): Yes
- You will be prompted to accept terms relating to Activation and Remote security administration. Tap OK.
- Set your desired account options (Sync Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc.) and tap Next.
- Give this account a name and tap Done.