Email Setup - Outlook 2010
This article will show you how to manually set up an account for your iiNet email address in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Open Outlook 2010 and click File in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select Info from the left-hand list and then click Add Account to begin.
- Ensure that Manually configure server settings or additional server types is selected, and then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Fill out the form with the following details. Some boxes may already be filled in automatically.
- Your name: Your name as you'd like it to appear on any emails you send
- Email address: Your iiNet email address
- Account type: POP3 (IMAP is recommended if you access your emails from multiple computers/devices)
- Incoming mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
- Outgoing mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
- Username: Your iiNet email address
- Password: Your iiNet email address password
- Ensure that Remember password is ticked, and that Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is un-ticked.
- You may want to click Test Account Settings to test if the information you entered is correct. Click Close to exit this pop-up window, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete your setup.