Troubleshooting ADSL for No Authentication
This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for an ADSL broadband service with no authentication.
If a service isn't authenticating, it means it’s not being allowed online because it has an incorrect username or password in the modem settings, or there is an error in the authentication process.
- Note: This issue typically only applies to Offnet ADSL1 plans. It may apply to On-net ADSL2+ and Naked DSL services if you know that an iiNet Customer Service rep has put your plan back onto a traditional username-and-password authentication method.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- When attempting to view a website, you may see an iiNet web page telling you that your connection has been restricted due to an incorrect password.
- The lights on the front of your modem may indicate a problem; please check the user manual to learn the meaning of your modem's status lights. Guides for iiNet modems are located here.
Things to check first
|Network outages or scheduled maintenance||Check the iiNet Network Status page to see if there’s a service disruption in your area.|
- Sometimes all you need to do is restart the connection to fix up any failed attempts to authenticate. Turn your modem off and wait 1-2 minutes.
- After 1-2 minutes, turn your modem back on and wait for it to reboot.
- Try to view a website on one of your connected computers or WiFi devices. If you can't view a website, go to the next step.
- If you have a modem purchased from iiNet, follow its setup guide available here to log in to the modem settings and re-enter your broadband username and password.
If you have a third-party modem, you'll need to log into its default gateway to access the modem settings and re-enter your broadband username and password. The layout of modem settings can vary greatly for each device, so please consult your modem's user manual or check the manufacturer's website for support information.
- Save your modem settings and then try to view a website again.
- If you still can’t get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.