This article will guide you through the troubleshooting to do if you see the Bandwidth Low error message on your Fetch service. This guide is suitable for both Generation 2 and Generation 3 (Mini and Mighty) set top boxes.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Image freezes and pauses when watching a streamed TV channel.
- Message: “Bandwidth Low: Multiple Sources are attempting to use your internet bandwidth…” appears on-screen (example below).
Things to check first
|Internet speed issues
||Fetch requires a download speed of at least 3Mbps (3072Kbps) for your primary Fetch box and an additional 3Mbps pr Multiroom box. Stuttering or freezing issues are commonly internet speed issues. Perform a speed test – if your result is lower than 3Mbps please call our Support Team on 13 22 58.
|If multiple devices are competing for bandwidth on your home network at the same time (e.g. downloading a movie or major game patch while watching/recording a Fetch channel) this may result in temporary bandwidth issues. Reduce the number of high-bandwidth activities running at the same time to allow more bandwidth for your Fetch service.
Note: If the issue is temporary due to local congestion, you can prevent repeated display of the Bandwidth Low error message by pressing the green button on your Fetch remote.
To improve channel/recording quality, you can change the bandwidth settings on your Fetch box for streamed channels by following the steps below.
- On your Fetch remote, press the Menu button.
- Use the arrow keys and paw button on your Fetch remote to select Manage > Settings.
- Select User > Streaming.
- Enter the parental PIN. The default parental PIN is 0000. If you set a custom parental PIN when you set up your Fetch service, use your custom PIN instead.
- Select a Bandwidth Setting according to the advice below.
- 1 channel (2 Mbps) - Limits the Fetch box to join one stream, meaning you can only watch/record one linear channel at a time (however, you can watch and record the same channel at the same time). Choose this setting if streamed channels are not playing smoothly.
- 2 channels (4 Mbps) - Allows the Fetch box join two streams. You can watch 1 linear channel and record another, or record 2 linear channels at once. Choose this setting if streamed channels aren't playing smoothly when "3 channels (6 Mbps)" is selected.
- 3 channels (6 Mbps) - Allows the Fetch box join three streams. You can watch 1 linear channel and record another two, or record 3 linear channels at once. Choose this setting if streamed channels are playing smoothly.
- Settings will save and apply automatically once selected. Exit the menu to finish.