This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for speed issues on a Mobile Broadband service.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Speed test results much slower than usual
- You experience slow speeds for all internet functions, not just a specific website or program
- Some websites don’t load properly or suffer lag
Things to check first
||If you’re using a WiFi Hotspot, reduce the number of devices connected at the same time to rule out data congestion.
|Weak WiFi signal
||If you’re using a WiFi Hotspot, follow this advice to obtain the best WiFi signal strength possible.
|Mobile network congestion
||iiNet Mobile operates on the Optus network. If you only experience speed issues during peak hours (e.g. 5PM-8PM) or during crowded events such as music festivals, then the cause may be network congestion.
- Check the network coverage for your area.
- If your location only has coverage on the 3G network instead of the 4G network, please be aware that 3G has a lower speed potential than 4G. Similarly, a 4G mobile broadband service will use the slower 3G network by default if you are outside of a 4G coverage area.
- Run an antivirus/anti-malware scan using the antivirus software on the computer or device you’re using. Please contact your security software’s Customer Support if you need a hand with this.
- Test your speed while firewalls/antivirus software is temporarily disabled. Please contact your security software’s Customer Support if you need a hand with this.
- If you still have speed issues, please call our Support Team on 13 22 58 for further assistance.