This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for no internet connection on an NBN™ Satellite service.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- You can’t view websites or receive email on any computer or device connected to your home network.
- Your NBN™ Satellite Connection Box may have a red light. See NBN™ Satellite Connection Box Status Light for more information.
Things to check first
||Check that all cables are in good condition and plugged in securely, and that your Connection Box has a working power supply.
||Your WiFi router may have incorrect settings. Follow its setup guide for a PPPoE setup or see General NBN™ Satellite setup advice.
|Weather conditions or obstructed nbn™ Satellite dish
||Wait for any heavy rain or cloud cover in your area to pass before trying to get online. Your NBN™ Satellite dish must be kept clear of obstructions such as tree branches because it nears a clear line of sight to get a signal.
|Damaged nbn™ Satellite dish
||If severe weather or damage to your roof has also damaged your NBN™ satellite dish, please call us on 13 22 58.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ Satellite Connection Box. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect a computer directly to the active UNI-D port on your NBN™ Satellite Connection Box to rule out any WiFi connection issues.
In most cases, the active port on your Satellite Connection Box will be UNI-D 1 as shown below. If a different UNI-D port was activated when your NBN™ equipment was installed, please use that one instead.
- If you still can’t get online, perform an extended power cycle using the following instructions.
- Turn off the power at the electrical outlet your NBN™ Satellite Connection Box is plugged into.
- After the electrical outlet has been turned off, unplug the power cable from the POWER socket on your Satellite Connection Box. Additionally, unplug the Satellite dish cable from the SAT socket.
- Leave your Satellite Connection Box unplugged like this for 30 minutes. This time allows your current connection session to expire, forcing a fresh connection when your modem is restarted.
- After 30 minutes, plug your Satellite Connection Box's power cable and SAT cable back in and turn the electrical outlet for the Power Supply Unit back on.
- If your Satellite Connection Box still has a red light after rebooting or you still can’t get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.