Troubleshooting iiNet Cable for No Connection
This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for no internet connection on an iiNet Cable (HFC) broadband service.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- You can’t view websites or receive email on any computer or device connected to your home network.
- The lights on the front of your Cable modem may indicate a problem. See Arris Cable Modem Status Lights for details.
Things to check first
|Potential cause||Try this:|
|Incompatible modem/physical setup
||You need to use the Arris CM820 Cable modem supplied with your Cable connection. If you have an additional router for WiFi, this must be plugged into the yellow Ethernet port on the back of the Cable modem, not the wall socket.
If you haven't already done so, follow the setup guide for your iiNet modem to plug it in and configure it for Cable.
|Browsing issues||If your modem has no irregular lights, try to view a website using a different computer or device. If only one computer/device can’t view a website, that device may have browsing issues.|
|Loose or damaged cables||Check that all cables are in good condition and plugged in securely.|
- Turn your modem off, wait one minute and then turn it back on. Once it has finished rebooting (the modem's Power, DS, US and Online lights should be on without flashing) try to view a website on one of your connected computers or WiFi devices. If you can’t view a website, go to the next step.
- Unplug any additional WiFi routers from the Cable modem.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect a computer directly to the yellow Ethernet port on the back of your modem, then try to view a website.
If you can view a website, this means your Cable modem has a working connection and the issue lies with the WiFi router - please switch to troubleshooting WiFi Network No Connection.
If you still can’t view a website, go to the next step.
- If possible, try using a different Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the Cable modem. An old or damaged cable may be preventing a successful connection.
- If you still can’t get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance. We'll need to confirm your Cable modem's Serial Number and CMAC number - you can find these details printed on a sticker on the base of the modem as shown below. You may wish to write them down for easy reference.