This article will guide you through the troubleshooting to do if you cannot view the Free to Air channels (i.e channels 0 to 99) through your iiNet TV with Fetch set top box. This guide is suitable for both Generation 2 and Generation 3 (Mini and Mighty) set top boxes.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Cannot view Free to Air channels (i.e channels 0 to 99).
- The iiNet TV channels (i.e channels numbered 100 or higher) may be fine.
- While viewing Free to Air channels, the video may have interference.
Things to check first
|Damaged TV antenna
||Check that your TV antenna is connected correctly to your set top box. If severe weather has caused damage to your roof, a roof-mounted TV antenna may need to be repaired.
|Damaged antenna cables
||Make sure any antenna cables used are plugged in securely and show no signs of damage. If possible, try different antenna cables.
- You must have a TV aerial connected to your iiNet TV set top box in order to view Free to Air channels. If you already have one connected, make sure the cables are plugged in securely.
- Open the iiNet TV menu and select Settings from the Manage drop-down menu.
- Select Channels.
- Select Full Channel Scan to scan for all available Free to Air channels. You may need to enter your Parental PIN before you can proceed.
- When the scan completes, attempt to view some Free to Air channels. If you can’t, go to the next step.
- Connect your TV's RF IN port directly to the antenna wall socket using an antenna cable. If you have a Generation 2 set top box, you'll need to remove the cable between the TV and the ANTENNA OUT port on the set top box and just have the one antenna cable running between the TV and the antenna wall socket.
- Perform a channel scan on your TV (not through the iiNet TV set top box). Instructions for this can vary depending on which TV you have. If you're not sure how to channel scan on your TV, please check the user guide or the TV manufacturer's website for support information.
- Try to view Free to Air channels through your TV. If you can’t, there may be an issue with your TV antenna or the TV itself. Please contact Customer Support for your TV for troubleshooting assistance.
- If you could view Free to Air channels directly through your TV but not when your antenna was connected to your set top box, please call our iiNet TV Support Team on 1300 701 006 for further assistance.