This article will walk you through how to gather diagnostics for an NBN™ speed fault. One of our friendly Customer Service Representatives may ask you to complete these steps when you contact us to troubleshoot a speed issue with your NBN™ service.
If you get stuck, please call our friendly Support Team on 13 22 58 and we'll be happy to help.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Before you get started
Testing must be performed on two different devices that are connected according to the following advice, depending on the type of NBN™ broadband you have:
- For NBN™ Fibre to the Building/Node/Curb (FTTB/N/C) and NBN™ HFC broadband, the devices should be plugged into any of the LAN ports on your modem, such as the example for our TG-1 Broadband Gateway shown below.
- For NBN™ Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) or NBN™ Wireless broadband, each device should take turns being plugged in to the active port of your NBN™ Connection Box using an Ethernet cable. The active port is typically the UNI-D 1 port, such as the example shown below for FTTP. Please note that the Connection Box for NBN™ Wireless looks different but the port is still labelled UNI-D 1.
Gathering the diagnostics
- Open your browser and go to https://www.iinet.net.au/internet-products/broadband/speed-test/
- Click Test your internet speed. In the popup window, click GO and let the test run.
- Once the test has completed, click COPY LINK to copy your result link.
- In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the following information:
Username/Customer ID: (We need either your iiNet broadband username or your iiNet Customer ID to identify your account)
Result links: (Paste your result links from the speed tests)
Devices: (List the type of devices you used for the speed tests)
- Ideally, you should repeat steps 1-3 at least three times - each test only needs to be a few minutes apart. Paste the result link from each test into your email once each test is done.
- Once you have completed all of the required tests, please send the email containing your speed test results to email@example.com. We recommend that you incluide your iiNet broadband username or your iiNet Customer ID in the email's subject line.
- Once your test results have been received, we can investigate further.
- We'll always contact you in the event that we need further information.