This article will show you how to set up a mailbox for your iiNet Group email address in Windows 10 Mail.
- If you have another email account, send a test email to the email address you're setting up. Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to send you an email.
- Open Windows 10 Mail. if this is your first time using the program, you may see a Welcome page that will give you an + add account button.
If you don't see this because you already have other mailboxes set up, click the Settings icon (cog) in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. The Settings menu will appear on the right-hand side of the Mail window. Select Accounts and then click + Add account.
- Click Advanced setup.
- Select Internet email.
- Enter the following settings and then click Sign-in. You'll need to scroll down to see all of them. If your email address does not end with "@iinet.net.au", please see Email Settings for the correct mail server addresses you'll need.
Account name: Whatever you'd like your account to be labelled in Windows 10 Mail. We recommend just putting your email address.
Your name: Your name as you'd like it to appear in the "From" line of emails you send.
Incoming email server: mail.iinet.net.au
Account type: IMAP4 (Recommended, especially if you use multiple devices. If you only use a single computer or device, POP3 will work for you.)
User name: Your full email address
Password: The password for your email address. Be sure to enter uppercase and lowercase letters exactly as needed.
Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.iinet.net.au
Outgoing server requires authentication: Do not tick
Use the same username and password for sending email: Tick (this will be greyed out if you didn't tick the previous box)
Require SSL for incoming email: Tick
Require SSL for outgoing email: Tick
- You should see a message saying that your account was set up successfully. Please note that there's no need to enter port numbers or other advanced settings in Windows 10 Mail. As long as the username, password and mail servers are entered correctly, it should work. If your setup fails and you also find you can't log in to our Webmail, please call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.
- Click Done.
- You should now be able to select your mailbox from your list of accounts.
- If the test email you sent yourself earlier has arrived in your inbox, send a test reply to it. If you can receive and send email, you've successfully set up your mailbox.