Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Restart your NBN™ Connection Box and modem
- Locate your indoor NBN™ equipment - this will be a Connection Box and a Power Supply unit. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises, sometimes in the garage. You may need to lift the cover to access it.
- Turn off the power at the electrical outlet that your Power Supply Unit is plugged into, then unplug the power cable from the power socket at the bottom of your Connection Box as shown below. Leave the cable unplugged for 1-2 minutes, then plug it back in.
- Turn off your modem and leave it off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn your NBN™ Connection Box and modem back on and wait for the modem lights to settle.
- Continue monitoring for dropouts.
Step 2) Check your connection on other devices
- When your connection drops out, check other devices connected to your modem via WiFi or Ethernet cable to see if they've dropped out, too.
- If your device is connected via WiFi, stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues.
- If devices connected via Ethernet cable stay online when devices connected via WiFi drop out, switch to troubleshooting WiFi Dropouts.
- If you only lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
Step 3) Check your cables
- Ensure that your modem is connected correctly.
- Check that all cables connected to your modem are in good condition and plugged in securely, without any kinks.
Step 4) Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance