Troubleshooting NBN HFC for No connection
This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for no internet connection on an nbn™ HFC service.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- You can’t view websites or receive email on any computer or device connected to your home network.
- The lights on the front of your nbn™ HFC modem may have indicate a problem. See this article for more information.
Things to check first
|Physical setup||Check that all cables are in good condition and plugged in securely, and that your modem and router both have a working power supply.|
|Browsing issues||If your modem has no irregular lights, try to view a website using a different computer or device. If only one computer/device can’t view a website, that device may have browsing issues.|
- Locate your nbn™ HFC modem. This will be connected to a wall socket inside your premises.
- Turn your HFC modem off, wait one minute and then turn it back on. Once it has finished rebooting (the modem's Power, DS, US and Online lights should be on without flashing) try to view a website on one of your connected computers or WiFi devices. If you can’t view a website, go to the next step.
- Unplug any additional WiFi routers from the HFC modem.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect a computer directly to the yellow Ethernet port on the back of your modem, then try to view a website.
If you can view a website, this means your HFC modem has a working connection and the issue lies with the WiFi router - please switch to troubleshooting WiFi Network No Connection.
If you still can’t view a website, go to the next step.
- If possible, try using a different Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the Cable modem. An old or damaged cable may be preventing a successful connection.
- If you still can’t get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance. We'll need to confirm your HFC modem's Serial Number and CMAC number - you can find these details printed on a sticker on the base of the modem as shown below. You may wish to write them down for easy reference.