This article will guide you through the troubleshooting to do if your Wireless Bridge units are failing to make a connection, or have slower than normal transfer speeds. Please note that iiNet Wireless Bridges are no longer sold as of 16 August 2017.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Wireless light on Wireless Bridges are off
- No connection between the Wireless Bridges
- Slow transfer speed through Wireless Bridges
Things to check first
|Internet fault or outage
||Always make sure you can get online on a computer or WiFi device connected to your modem. If your internet connection is down, the Wireless Bridge will only seem broken because there's no internet connection to transmit.
|Damaged Ethernet cable
||If the LAN light on a Wireless Bridge unit is off, this may indicate a damaged Ethernet cable is plugged into it. Try using a different Ethernet cable.
- Turn off both Wireless Bridge units for 60 seconds, and then turn them back on.
- Attempt to manually pair your Wireless Bridges. If the pairing doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
- Perform a factory reset on both Wireless Bridge units by using a pen or paper clip to hold down the RESET button on the back of the units for 30 seconds.
- Attempt to manually pair your Wireless Bridges again.
- You'll also need to test the Wireless Bridges with another device. To do this, unplug the Client unit (If you're not sure which is the Client, check the sticker on the bottom of the unit) from the Set Top Box or any other device you're using it for.
- Plug the Client unit's Ethernet cable into another compatible device such as a PC, laptop or gaming console. Make sure the WiFi ability on the device is switched off (please check the manufacturer's support information if you're not sure how to do this).
- Once the device's WiFi ability is turned off and both the Client and AP Wireless Bridge Units are turned on and paired, the connected device should be able to access the internet. If it can, it means the Wireless Bridges are working correctly and you may need to troubleshoot the device you were previously trying to connect instead.
- If you still can’t get a connection between your Wireless Bridges, please call our Support Team on 13 22 58 for further assistance.